- Any amount/kind of pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom
- Sliced, cleaned mushrooms (optional)
- 1 cup cream, milk or water
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken all the way through, until browned on both sides, about ten minutes each side. Watch out for hopping hot oil!!! Transfer chicken to a cutting board, and thinly slice; set aside.
- With same sauces in hot pan saute onion until tender and translucent. Add Cream of mushroom, mushrooms, and gradually stir in cream (as replacement to the one can of water to make soup). Add spices- salt, pepper, basil. Cook, stirring constantly, for 7 to 10 minutes, or until sauce is thickened. Stir in chicken. Cook 5 minutes, or until heated through, cook additional 5 minutes on low. Toss with cooked pasta until evenly coated.